Resources and guidance for students and faculty working on science-related projects
The Concept Science program is designed for student-teams and faculty-led teams who have a product idea with an element of biology, chemistry, or physics. We can help you validate the opportunities envisioned for your technology, from a business and technical perspective.
Offered in conjunction with the Faculty of Science, the Concept Science program is available to University of Waterloo undergraduate students, graduate students, post-docs, or faculty founded teams.
You’re in good company. Many successful science-based startups started out at the University of Waterloo
What you can expect:
- Business and technical goal-setting exercises with mentors
- Mentorship from advisors with science startup experience
- Beginning & end-of-term touchpoints to understand your progress and identify where we can help
- Connection to groups like WatSolve, where you can apply for free business research services
- Support in applying to an incubator or accelerator program
- When the time is right, connections to industry and technical advisors that will help you solve critical steps in turning your project into a startup
- The Faculty of Science may be able to provide lab space to work on your project
The program runs each term (every four months), with the option for renewal each term based on performance. We accept applications on a rolling basis, but space is limited! After applying, you will be contacted for an interview with a Concept Coach who will determine if the program is the right fit.
Have a question? Please contact Camelia Nunez.